09 Jan MIM is launching a new 3-Month program on APRIL 13, 2019!
DIPLOMA IN APPLIED FINANCIAL TECHNOLOGY
Under Dr. Thomas F. Coleman from the University of Waterloo
Designed for US and International Students who are completing or have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and Want to Expand their Horizons in Financial Technology, in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
3- MONTH ACADEMIC PROGRAM: 180 HOURS OF CLASSES OVER A 10-WEEK PERIOD
4 FIN TECH COURSES* of 30 Hours Each:
· 2 Data Finance Courses: New and efficient data-driven methods are being employed to address many of the fundamental problems arising in the finance industry. This new approach rests on recent exciting developments in the areas of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and applied optimization.
– Data Finance 1 (including an introduction to programming in MATLAB) is designed to introduce the industry-bound student to this growing area in the financial services industry. Relevant basic mathematics will be reviewed, and financial topics will be introduced.
– Data Finance 2 (including an introduction to programming in R) introduces systematic factor investing, linear asset pricing models, and the evolution from linear models to machine learning methodologies.
· Numerical Methods: This course covers some of the numerical tools used in the financial industry (e.g., computing value-at-risk, optimal portfolio construction and rebalancing, hedging, pricing, etc.) with an eye toward speed and accuracy. They include basic numerical linear algebra, optimization methods, and Monte-Carlo computations.
· Quantitative Methods: This course also covers some of the tools used in the above financial computations, with concentration on the statistical methods used in finance.
*These courses imply students have some strength in the mathematical sciences
+ 2 FINANCE AND BUSINESS COURSES** also of 30 Hours Each:
Based on their previous education, professional interests or experience, students will choose 2 elective courses from MIM’s extensive list of available courses in Finance, Management or Marketing.
**See full list of courses on: https://mimusa.edu/diploma-in-applied-financial-technology/
OPTIONAL: ADDITIONAL 3-MONTH INTERNSHIP IN A NEW YORK FINANCIAL SERVICES FIRM:
This 3-month internship is available to students who have successfully completed the 3-Month academic program and who want to get professional experience with a company:
12 weeks: full-time internship + 30 hours simultaneous Business Capstone class
(MIM does not guarantee students that they will obtain an internship, whether paid or unpaid, as the final decision rests with the companies.)
TUITION: $9,000 for the full 6-Month Program or $8,000 if 3-Month Academic Program only
For more information please contact Marc Nelson at (212)796-6114 or email@example.com