The MIM internship programs’ objective is to provide students with the opportunity to apply the principles and theories they have learned in their studies to a professional environment.
We view it as a learning experience that integrates academic knowledge with practical application in a real-life setting. We believe that internships will help our students gain valuable experience, acquire critical skills, and make connections in the professional fields they are considering for their future career paths.
MIM currently offers 4 internship programs that are designed to meet the needs of students with different levels of academic coursework and experience:
- 3 of those programs follow the completion of a MIM academic component, i.e. Business Administration Program (BAP) or Diploma in Applied Financial Technology (AFT), International Business Studies (IBS), Diploma in International Business Administration (DIBA).
- 1 program, the Master Internship Program, is for students who are completing or have recently completed a master’s degree at a School, College or University in the USA or abroad, and now wish to train into a business organization.
Below is a description of each of our internship programs:
1. Basic Internship Program: This 3-month internship is available to students who have successfully completed MIM’s 3-month Business Administration Program (BAP) or the 3-month Diploma in Applied Financial Technology (AFT) and who want to get a first brush at professional experience with a company.
Duration 6 Months: 3 Months Academic Program (10 Weeks/180 Hours) + 3 Months Internship (12 Weeks/420 Hours at Company + 30 hours simultaneous Business Capstone class at MIM)
2. Intermediate Internship Program: This 6-month internship is available to students who successfully completed the 6-month International Business Studies (IBS) academic program. Upon completion of their internship, students should be able to substantially improve their resumes and further explore their career choices for a middle-level management position.
Duration 12 Months: 6 Months Academic Program (20 Weeks/360 Hours) + 6 Months Internship (24 Weeks/840 Hours at Company + 60 Hours simultaneous Business Capstone class at MIM)
3. Advanced Internship Program: This 9-month internship is available to students who have successfully completed the 9-month Diploma in International Business Administration (DIBA) academic program. Upon completion of this long internship, students will have fine-tuned and perfected their professional skills and will be ready for full-time employment in their chosen industry or function.
Duration 18 Months: 9 Months Academic Program (30 Weeks/540 Hours) + 9 Months Internship (36 Weeks/1260 Hours at Company + 90 Hours simultaneous Business Capstone class at MIM)
4. Master Internship Program: This extended internship program is available to students:
· who are completing or have recently completed their master’s degree at a School, College or University in the USA or abroad; for example, students of Business Schools or IT or Engineering schools who want or need to do an internship during or after their program
· who are looking to have a one-year professional experience in a company in the field of their choice in New York.
Students will be assisted by Human Resources professionals at MIM who will help them in the process of presenting their candidacy and obtaining interviews, including:
· Writing the best possible resume and cover letter
· Preparing for face-to-face interviews via Skype or in person
Upon completion of this extended internship, students will have considerably improved their professional skills and will be ready for full-time employment in their chosen industry or function.
Duration 12 Months: 48 Weeks/1680 Hours at Company + 120 Hours simultaneous Business Capstone Class at MIM
*THE MIM INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS ARE REFERRED TO AS ACADEMIC TRAINING FOR J-1 VISA STUDENTS.
**MIM DOES NOT GUARANTEE STUDENTS WILL OBTAIN INTERNSHIPS, PAID OR UNPAID, AS FINAL DECISION IS AT THE HOST ORFNIZATION’S DISCRETION.