The MIM internship program (Academic Training for J-1 Visa Students) objective is to provide its students with the opportunity to apply the principles and theories that they have learned in the classroom to a professional environment. We view it as a learning experience that integrates academic knowledge with practical application in a real-life setting. We believe that Internships will help our students gain valuable experience, acquire critical skills, and make connections in professional fields in which they are considering future career paths.
What can you learn during your internship?
- Learning new skills such as communication and teamwork for group work as well as technical skills for individual work (Office, Databases, web software, etc.).
- Gaining industry knowledge first-hand from an organization and its staff.
- Meeting new people and developing networking skills.
- Acquiring valuable experience to add to their resume for future job search
- Receiving regular, detailed, and measurable feedback on student performance and the internship experience to give the student direction during the internship.